Good day,

Platitude Forums is a forum community in which users can come together, meet up, chat and talk about, well, anything! Our forums allows discussions of many different topics, and many opportunities. You can do anything from talk about a new movie to getting help programming a game - just nothing illegal, as it runs off a strict set of rules to prevent such incidents from happening. Platitude even includes a warning system so rule breakers are more easily warned and banned.

So come along and join today. Smile

Regards,
~ Platitude Staff

Let's get a discussion going on.

yam cat

Joined Joined : 2012-07-24
    Posts Posts : 5

Let's get a discussion going on.

Post by yam cat on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:44 pm

God isn't real.

Discuss.

Darragh

Joined Joined : 2012-07-22
    Posts Posts : 23

Re: Let's get a discussion going on.

Post by Darragh on Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:06 am

Well thats your opinion people may believe other I Do Believe that there is someone Bigger and Has more power up there I Just don't know yet I'm not an Atheist.

/Discuss

ace_shotgunner

Location Location : under your bed
    Posts Posts : 38

Post by ace_shotgunner on Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:14 am

i'm Atheist but i would be willing to believe if there was proof that was %100 right
    Nick

Age Age : 19
    Location Location : United States
    Posts Posts : 99

Post by Nick on Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:04 pm

It just depends on your faith and how much you have of it. Personally I do think there is a God or something/someone like that.
    lmaobear

Age Age : 21
    Location Location : Norway
    Joined Joined : 2012-08-11
    Posts Posts : 31

Post by lmaobear on Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:59 am

I take no position on religion. What others might think does not bother me. Even if God did exist, what advantage would I take in believe in him? If God did exist, would he treat me different if I had sacrificed my life to him? Would me like me better that anyone else because I spent my whole life praying, going to church and doing whatever i think He/She/It Would like i was doing?

What I do, What I am and What I want is affected by what my gain would be. Although it is friendship, trust, self confidence, or material assets. I do not sacrifice my happiness in this life, so that I might get satisfied in my next.
    AsuraMoon

Joined Joined : 2012-08-27
    Posts Posts : 58

Post by AsuraMoon on Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:06 am

lmaobear wrote:I take no position on religion. What others might think does not bother me. Even if God did exist, what advantage would I take in believe in him? If God did exist, would he treat me different if I had sacrificed my life to him? Would me like me better that anyone else because I spent my whole life praying, going to church and doing whatever i think He/She/It Would like i was doing?

What I do, What I am and What I want is affected by what my gain would be. Although it is friendship, trust, self confidence, or material assets. I do not sacrifice my happiness in this life, so that I might get satisfied in my next.

Very reasonable and a good point you have put there.
    i personally am not sure if there is a god or not? perhaps he was just made out of mere human imagination?
    perhaps there is a person watching us all as i write this.
    it doesn't matter if you don't believe in a god or not there is still something special about this world, our existence and other creatures around us.
    ian_the_great2

Age Age : 20
    Location Location : Nearest trash can
    Joined Joined : 2012-08-23
    Posts Posts : 221

Post by ian_the_great2 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:44 pm

Agnostic, but more against it than with it. I dont believe in a god, the idea sounds rather absurd, but if there was proven existence of a god i'd believe. Even if there was proven existence of a god, i wouldnt go as far as devoting myself to him simply because he was god. I probably wouldnt even pray. Another thing, i'm not a huge nature freak I could care less, but do you see squirrels preaching the word of god? Personally, i think the belief of god is completely man-made. Some sort of denial that there isn't a higher power out there. I'll talk to my cousins (extremely religious ppl) at times and try to argue my points, but they simply block out logic and say "you just don't have any faith". Irritates me to no end. Faith isn't necessarily a good thing. Religion, in the past as well as the present, is often used as a tool to manipulate people. NOTE I am not referring specifically to Christianity. Take the samurai for example. the had a strict religious code that endowed them to their... leader guy whatchamocollit... and they'd be willing to die for these guys. Totally unreasonable. SO, that's my negative argument on the question "is god real?" Someone try to challenge me, i enjoy debates.
    Mr_Smooth

Age Age : 27
    Location Location : York, UK
    Joined Joined : 2012-09-10
    Posts Posts : 6

Post by Mr_Smooth on Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:34 am

I think it's a word that someone has been called & been took out of proportion, there isn't a god in my personal opinion, the world was created by a chemical reaction if you like just like when the world ends it won't be because "god" has decided to get rid. Roll Eyes
    AsuraMoon

Joined Joined : 2012-08-27
    Posts Posts : 58

Post by AsuraMoon on Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:26 am

this quote here is an interesting one. "If god did not exist, we would have to invent him" - Voltaire.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:43 pm